Power of Now
I was reading through his book, and I wondered how many of us most especially those diagnosed with cancer are living in the NOW. When faced with the diagnosis, I’m sure in the back of your mind, you would always think of any or all of the following:
- I have cancer
- How long do I have?
- What’s this feeling? is this cancer spreading?
- What do I have to do to heal myself?
- What should I do tomorrow?
- What did I do to deserve this cancer?
- What else have have to gain if I die tomorrow?
- What’s the use of struggling, i should just let this kill me now than later.
- Who can help me? I want my loved ones to be with me.
With all of these thoughts running through your head, am sure you’ll be stressed even further and lack sleep.
Which brings us to what Mr. Tolle as well as what the Buddhist, Christian and yes Islamic teachings have said before
Let go of the past, and future. Live the NOW!
Enjoy every moment of the day. What has happened in the past has occurred already. No use in holding on to it to the point of consuming all your energies thinking of what might have been.
Don’t worry about the future. The future happens not Now but in the future. Your choices today will define the future you will have. So choose the NOW and let go of the past and future.